St Peter’s United Church of Christ seeks a Director of Music Ministries & Organist with a passion for the role of music in worship. This person will strive for musical and spiritual excellence in every presentation and activity by planning, supervising, directing the music programs, and playing the organ of St. Peter’s United Church of Christ.
St. Peter’s UCC is an Open and Affirming congregation dedicated to quality worship and community missions. The congregation appreciates classical church music and welcomes a variety of musical presentations during worship. The organ is a Moller/Berghaus/Rodgers, 3 manual, 39 pipe ranks +19 digital ranks.
This is a salaried position (40k+) averaging 20 hours a week. Compensation includes vacation, continuing education, and professional fees. A background check is required.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Director of Music Ministries
- Provide an atmosphere of musical learning and understanding of the liturgical role of music in worship
- In close consultation with the Senior Pastor, coordinate the long-range and weekly worship ministries; planning, the liturgy, music, and hymns for Sunday Worship
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry for all age levels including vocal and instrumental ensembles (i.e. Handbells)
- Schedule, prepare, and execute the choral and instrumental music for Sunday worship, including the summer
- Organize and direct appropriate rehearsals. Train the choirs in good vocal technique
- Maintain copyright licenses and permissions
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Organist
- In close consultation with the Senior Pastor, prepare and perform music for the regular and special worship services of the church; including but not limited to preludes, hymns, special music, and postludes
- Play for special services of the church including Ash Wednesday, Wednesday Evenings in Lent, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving Eve, and multiple Christmas Eve services
- Accompany the Senior Choir rehearsals (September though early June)
- Accompany the youth and children’s choir rehearsals
- Play for weddings and funerals, when possible; honoraria separate from salary
Candidates should hold a degree in a music discipline, have strong interpersonal skills and organizational abilities, possess strong conducting skills in choral and instrumental areas, proficiency in keyboard and organ, display proven abilities in choral directing, teaching, arranging and editing music, and be familiar with relevant musical software.
For the appropriate candidate the two roles may be separated.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
©2014 St. Peter's Elmhurst All rights reserved worldwide
Website design by Kelli Girl Creative Solutions www.KelliGirlCreative.com